Skip to content

Heat lamp determined to be cause of fire

The fire that took place in a home located on Highway 22, north of Cochrane Toyota, directly across from Rolling Range Drive was determined to be caused by a heat lamp when the tenants of the house were defrosting frozen water lines in their garage.
0

A fire that ravaged a home on Highway 22, north of Cochrane Toyota, directly across from Rolling Range Drive was determined to be caused by a heat lamp.

Tenants of the home were using the lamp to defrost frozen water lines in their garage. Both the tenants and homeowners have insurance.

The five occupants and several pets were evacuated safely. One small dog perished in the fire.

Cochrane Fire Services inspector Jeff Avery said the home is a total loss. He recommends that residents uses caution while using these devices and always ensure they are turned off when they leave the home.

 




Comments