The fourth session of the very successful Voices of the Pioneer series will take place on May 1 in the multi-purpose room located just out of the Seniors on the Bow (SOTB) Centre.
At 7 p.m., Ron Casey, MLA for Banff-Cochrane, will provide an overview of the political history of Alberta. Audience questions on current provincial government will follow. Refreshments available at mid-session. The general public is welcome.
The SOTB annual general meeting is scheduled for April 30 at 7 p.m. in the auditorium. Members’ attendance is critical to the decisions reached, which will impact the SOTB now and into the future. Refreshments will be served at the meeting’s conclusion.
Other events include:
• Mayor Truper McBride and councillor Ross Watson will hold Coffee Café on April 18 at 2 p.m.
• The last two square dancing sessions will move to Wednesdays, April 17 and 24 at 2 p.m.
• Brenda and Char Dennis will lead line dancing on Wednesdays from May 1 to 22 at 7 p.m. Cost is $28.80 plus tax for members and $36 plus tax for guests. Please register now.
• Creative writing sessions will continue through to the end of August on Tuesdays at 6 p.m.
• Book Club meets on April 26 at 2 p.m., discussing Prime Time and Hunger Games.
• Health and Wellness Forum — May 14 at 10:30 a.m on low-fat cooking.
• Spring fling takes place during Fun Friday, April 19 at 2 p.m. Cash bar and activities.
• Rosebud Theatre, May 1 with Barefoot in the Park by Neil Simon. Contact Lifetime High at 403-282-5734 to book; $85 per person. More signups needed if the bus is to pick us up in Cochrane.
• Great Canadian Barn Dance, a country-western performance, on May 25. Contact Quality Time Holidays at 403-281-5095 to book; $74 per person. Need 10 signups for Cochrane pick-up.
• Volunteers urgently needed for reception and host/hostess for birthday hot lunches setup and cleanup, as well as other events.
Registration and information for any of the above available at the Drop In Centre at 403-932-6002 or cochrane.ca/50+.